Connect with us

News

Seven die after drinking coronavirus hand sanitiser when alcohol ran out at a party

Published

on

Seven die after drinking coronavirus hand sanitiser when alcohol ran ot at a party

Seven people have reportedly died after drinking coronavirus hand sanitizer in Russia.

According to Mail Online, a group of nine people drank antiseptic hand wash when the alcohol ran out at a party on Thursday in Tomtor village in the Tattinsky district of the country’s largest region, Yakutia.

The first three victims who died were a 41-year-old woman and two men aged 27 and 59. Six others were flown by a medical evacuation aircraft to the regional capital Yakutsk.

On Friday three more men died, aged 28, 32, and 69. One more death was reported today, November 21.

Two more remain in a coma in an intensive care ward, the report said.

federal public health watchdog, Rospotrebnadzor reported: ‘Nine cases of poisoning with sanitizer have been registered, including seven that were fatal .’

The regional state prosecutor said: ‘The poisoning took place as a result of drinking sanitizer.’

The partygoers drank the sanitizer – 69 percent methanol – which had been sold as a hand cleanser during the pandemic.

A criminal case has been opened.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADS

Like us on Facebook

ADVERT